Tuesday 10 February 2015

Painted Petals Technique Class

Hello there! What a lovely sunny, but cold day we had in Yorkshire yesterday! Lovely to see nice blue skies but could do with the temperature a little higher!

Today I am sharing the first of the cards from my Painted Petals class a couple of weeks ago. This card was totally CASED from my lovely downline and friend Sarah-Jane and you can find her post HERE. Thank you SJ, I love the look of this card. To achieve this look you stamp all the flowers and leaves firstly in White Craft ink and then blast it for a bit with your Heat Tool to dry it. You then stamp over the top with the Old Olive for the leaves and Blackberry Bliss for the flowers. You just make sure you are not quite directly over the top and just a millimetre or so off so that you get a bit of a shadow effect.

 The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the FREE SAB Big Day stamp set, stamped in Blackberry Bliss and then coloured in with a White Gel Pen. I think this technique is very striking!
A very simple card but made a little harder with the shadow stampin technique. Thank you Sarah-Jane for the wonderful design. I will be back tomorrow with another card from our class. My Technique Classes are smaller groups of people in a relaxing slower paced class setting. Everyone has their own stamp set so we work together at the same time. My next class is Saturday 28th February - Heat Embossing!
Julie
shop now
supplies
Table built by craftingbecky.com






No comments:

Post a Comment