Thursday 11 September 2014

Monsters Inc Punch Art

Hi there! I failed on the blog yesterday! I just had so many jobs to do and had to prioritise, but I am so much nearer to getting all my preps in place for our weekend training and my crafting retreat next weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I was asked to make a special card for a friends niece's birthday. She is going to be 18 and I was asked if I could incorporate Boo from Monsters Inc into the card as when she was little she looked like Boo and was called Little Boo by her family. Not one to pass on a challenge I remembered some Monsters Inc Punch Art that I had pinned on Pinterest ages ago. HERE is the link to the punch art that I found. I must admit creating the little faces took me about an hour for all 3 but I really enjoyed doing them. I take great pride in my work and like to come up with things that people will treasure, especially if they are paying me for a card. I don't make many cards to sell these days but if I have team and people ask me then I make them and donate the funds to my son's Kenya appeal.
 I knew I wanted to make a tri-fold card so once the faces were done the rest came quite quickly. I created the spotty background with the Work of Art stamp set and used Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder to try and make it themed with Sulley's colours.
 I must admit that when I had finished it I didn't want to give it away! The lady who ordered it was really pleased with it, I just hope the recipient loves it as much as I do!
Do you love Punch Art? If you like my card I would love you to leave me a comment!
Julie
shop now


9 comments:

  1. It's great Jules. I do like punched art cards Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely fabulous, love, love, love it. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Julie! I love the look of punch art but generally don't have the time or patience to do it myself. I have loads pinned for when I feel a need, though!
    I hope the recipient likes the card - will you find out, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely too cute! Great inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie - this is fabulous - I love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a fantastic card... love the punch art Monsters Inc bits.... one of my grreat-niece's would love this... gonna have to look into how to do these LOL

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are brilliant! Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great! As I love punch art & have 3 books with my 3 draws of punches! As the teddy bear one I do lots of punching the heart & cutting it in half to make the arms & head & a circle punch for the tummy & head & a small heart punch cut in half to make the ears as a great one!

    ReplyDelete