Monday 31 March 2014

Paper Haven Day Retreat

Phew I am just about recovered to be able to blog about our fantastic day on Saturday! It truly was a fab day and the venue and the food (things mostly out of my control) where brilliant, lots of compliments on texts, email and Facebook - thank you ladies!

Here was my craft room before I left on Saturday morning! I love planning these events but I am also loving getting my craft room floor back!
I didn't quite manage to take a photo of the empty room as some of the lovelies had already arrived. My fab husband Robin set all of this up for me whilst I took charge of the creative display area. This is a fab room for crafting and events and we all fit in really nicely with just enough room. This room is at the end of the building so we were also out of the way too!
 What can I say about the catering, Jean the lady who looked after us was AMAZING! I have had message telling me she is a legend and how much people enjoyed the food! She worked like a trouper. Here are the coffee's and pastries waiting for the ladies to arrive!
Each guest had their own workspace with a goodie bag and a mini coffee treat cup which my brilliant best friend Jane made for me when we had a crafty session a few weeks ago! I got the straws from the famous boutique of the North - Home Bargains!! My downline Sally-Jo calls it that!
The displays are important as my ladies always take lots of photos and it also helps inspire their purchases too! ;) 
 Smile ladies!!!!
 One of the morning projects made by Rebecca
 Michelle's project
 My friend Jane also decorated these cute vintage style jars for me for the fun game we played in the evening! The ladies got to keep the jars too! Also EVERYONE won a prize! These also came from another famous boutique of the North - B&M Bargains!!
 And as soon as it had started it was time to pack up 12 hours later! Luckily I went home with a lot less than I came with!
I want to thank the wonderful supportive ladies for attending and for your company and humour throughout the day - still laughing at Gill's faux pas with the letter 'H'. I have provisionally booked a Christmas themed day on Saturday 15th November. Priority given to attendees from this event but places will be advertised shortly.

Remember it's the last few hours of Sale-A-Bration now, your last chance to get free goodies!
Julie
shop now

1 comment: