Saturday 29 March 2014

Paper Haven Day Retreat - Afternoon Project

Hello there! This is a scheduled post today as I am at my All Day Retreat and I wanted to share my favourite project from the day with you. I have purposely posted on my blog a little later than normal so hopefully the ladies won't see it until they are making it! Unless they are sneakily checking my blog on their phones whilst at the retreat!!!
 This project was inspired by a really basic version of a card one of my customers got from Marks and Spencer, very very plain and it was just circles but it gave me the idea to thread the ribbon through the scalloped ends of the Sahara Sand pieces. I must say it's taken me a while to latch on to Sahara Sand but I LOVE it with these colours and it is fast becoming a firm fave! Not sure if it will overtake my love for Crumb Cake or not! You cannot see properly from the photos but I have looped the ribbon at the end with a brad so it can hang up on a wall.
 This project took me around 2 hours 20 minutes to complete so I am figuring that with sharing products and such like, it's going to take my ladies a fair amount of time but I do hope that this is something they can replicate at home. I chose these colours as I know a lot of my ladies have the 2013-2015 In Colours so they can bring them along and the making will go a lot quicker and smoother.
And here is a little box made with the Envelope Punch Board that houses this project
 A lot of Petite Petal action on this project and I wanted to take the time to thank you for your patience waiting for this punch! It has been INCREDIBLY popular and more supplies came in last week and filled the orders waiting in date order but we now need more punches which are on their way to the warehouse! It will be worth the wait - I promise!

Have a happy Saturday and I will be back tomorrow!
Julie
shop now

supplies

2 comments:

  1. I love this Julie. How I wish I was at your retreat. Unable to walk far at present due to knee problem :-( no crafting for me and had to cancel my next class. Gutted just when it was all coming together. x

    ReplyDelete