Saturday 1 March 2014

A Sad Time

Hi there! I am purposely late posting today as I have been getting ready for my classes this afternoon. I have a rare morning off from dancing as Robin has taken Evan so I have had time to get things ready and my craft room tidied up after last night's Stamp a Stack. Thanks to the ladies who attended, the next one is Friday 21st March.

I must admit I have been toying whether to share today's card with you but I decided that I cannot only blog about the good times and the happy things but I have to share the sadder times, as that is a true reflection on life. Last week I had a phone call from the husband of one of my distance downline members, Doreen, to tell me she had suddenly passed away. This was a huge shock to her family and to us, her Stampin Up family. Doreen lived in Scotland and I hadn't seen her since April when she came down to training but we were in contact on email and Facebook. She was also the busiest pinner on Pinterest I have ever known. 
Doreen was just the loveliest person, great sense of humour and we always had lots of banter every time she came down to training. I made this card to send to Doreen's husband and family. Yet again this sad occasion is a reminder that life is precious, cherish every moment and tell those you care about that you care about them.
Sleep tight my wee Scottish Lassie! xxx
Julie

shop now

4 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about this! Sending thoughts your way, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie de Broise1 March 2014 at 12:45

    A truly beautiful card, Julie, with such kind thoughts. I never knew Doreen, but when we share in celebrating a life, then that life has to have been very special indeed. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sympathy card Julie - I know these are difficult to make at such sad times and this is why I try to always have a couple of them made in advance. I don't want to sound maudlin, but these things happen and when we lose someone close it's doubly difficult.
    xx

    ReplyDelete