Thursday 14 February 2013

Blast Off!

Hi there!! Hope you enjoyed my little project from yesterday? I am back today with another "male" card but this time for the younger recipient!! I earned this stamp set - Blast Off - for free the other week as part of a promotion so it was still sitting there in the box feeling unloved!!! My nephew Lucas will be 4 in a couple of months so I thought I would get ahead and make him a card!


I have to say this card is totally cased from one I found online. Don't think it was from Pinterest (which makes a change) but think it could have just been from a Google search. The card base is Not Quite Navy and is embossed with the Chevron folder. Probably the trickiest part of the card was punching the 1 inch hole in the spaceship!


I coloured the spaceman image with the marker pens and stamped and then coloured in his face with the Blush Blossoms marker pen afterwards.


I had to show you Jane's version. She started to cut the spaceman out and I said she didnt need to but why not have him waving! So here he is waving his arm out of the spaceship!


I love the extra little silver stars she used - now why didn't I think of that!


Thanks for reading and I will be back tomorrow with the last card in the set - a card for the "older" fella!

Julie x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
 2. Papers – Polka Dot Parade
 3. Stamps – Blast Off
 4. Embellishments – 
 5. Tools – Chevron Embossing Folder, 1 inch circle punch, 2 1/2 inch circle punch, Timeless Type dies (retired)
 6. Mediums – Real Red ink, Not Quite Navy ink, Summer Starfruit ink, Old Olive ink, Pumpkin Pie ink

No comments:

Post a Comment