Tuesday 7 August 2012

Granddad Cricketing card

Good morning. I have my Tuesday club tonight which I am looking forward to. Our last one until September as I am taking a bit of time off to be with my boys! For the last 5 years I have always been working solidly on my wedding stationery during the summer 6 week holidays so for the first time in a good while its nice to spend lots of time with my boys. We have had a couple of nice days out and some relaxed mornings and trips!

Here is a card I made for my Dad from the boys. It was his birthday on Sunday. He LOVES his cricket and him and Ross are very much cricket buddies, often going to watch Yorkshire together! I paid for them both to go to the 20-20 game the other week and a fella streaked across the pitch!!! Eeeekkk Ross thought it was very funny!!!

So no streakers on this card, but it is a non-SU stamp. The only 2 non-SU stamps I ever use these days are this cricket one and a ballroom one. We dont do any stamps for cricket or dancing so needs must when I have to make a card for my dancing buddies or cricket mad family!


The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs and the Granddad is from the For my Family!! Technically I think Granddad should be spelt that way but it also is spelt and seen as Grandad on many cards and things too! In fact Grandad just came up on my spell checker as I typed it!!!


The colour combo on this card is Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Real Red and Crumb Cake



My Dad loved the card happy to report!!

Back tomorrow with another project for you!

Julie 
x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
 2. Papers – Regals DSP stack
 3. Stamps – For my Family, Petite Pairs
 4. Embellishments – Real Red grosgrain, Subtles brads
 5. Tools – Wide Oval punch, Decorative Label punch
 6. Mediums – Real REd ink, Bashful Blue marker, Wild Wasabi marker, Crumb Cake marker, Real Red marker

No comments:

Post a Comment