Thursday 3 May 2012

Life on the Open Sea

Hello there!! I am back with something a little different today! A lovely new stamp set for Men's projects!!! Or anyone who is into the Nautical theme!!

Its called the Open Sea and is a set of 5 stamps. I really enjoyed making this first card and went with the red, white and blue theme.

 The new white Bakers Twine is amazing and you get 22 metres for £2.50! It also comes in all the 2011-2013 In Colours too!!! Its a perfect little item to pop on the end of your order!!


 I had the idea to wind it through the anchors so I punched a little hole in the top of each one. The Dad sentiment is from For my Family and I layered it up and added the brads to make it a bit like a port hole!!


 Inside gets a little treatment too!!
 Whilst I had all my stuff out I carried on and made another card with the remaining Night of Navy card blank. 
 Used Soft Suede and Crumb Cake to compliment it and also the Decorative Label punch to punch out the sentiment!
 A really quick make!
 And here is a visual of the stamps you get in the set!



£23.95 as Wood mount
£18.95 as Clear mount

Back tomorrow!

Julie
x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Night of Navy, Whisper White, Real Red, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
 2. Papers – 
 3. Stamps – The Open Sea, For my Family
 4. Embellishments – Silver Brads, White Bakers Twine, Linen Thread
 5. Tools – Circle punches, Decorative Label punch
 6. Mediums – Night of Navy ink, Real Red ink, Soft Suede ink, Crumb Cake ink

2 comments:

  1. Love love love what you did with the bakers' twine on the top one! A typical inspired Julie twist! What a fab set of masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bakers twine through the anchors Julie! might have to "borrow" that idea! such a fab stamp set for men's cards, and your ideas really inspire too! xxx

    ReplyDelete