Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Birthday Lucas!

Hello there

Today is my lovely nephew Lucas special birthday - he is 3 today!! He is OBSESSED with Spiderman so last week I set about making him a Spiderman card from punch art. I saw one on a fantastic US blog and when I am not in so much of a rush I will add a link!!


 This card was very much a labour of love and took me an age to make!!!

 The hardest part was piecing all the parts together so his muscles looked right and he actually resembled Spiderman! The original design used a Spider Web embossing folder but as we dont have one I had to draw the webs on by hand which took time as I was nervous doing it!!

 I then had the genius (I thought it was anyway) idea of adding some of the new Bakers Twine in white to the top corner to create a web across the card!! 


I really hope he likes the card! Wonder if my Tuesday ladies would like to make this one!!!

 And here is the little Spidey himself. I took this photo on Thursday when I looked after him! He was going straight to a party after being at our house so I had to get him ready in his outfit!!

 Smile Spidey!!!!!

Right thats me off for today, I am at the band call for rehearsal this morning - its my favourite ever rehearsal but I just wish I felt well!!

Jules x

7 comments:

  1. Amazing card Jules !!! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules its gorgeous!!!

    I knew this special card would be a work of art, I'm sure Lucas will love it too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Jules aaw! Luca's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on Pininterest
    Its Natasha and Leigha
    Amazing to create from punches!

    http://diaryoftwocraftygirls.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/have-wicked-birthday.html

    Super CAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is one fantastic card! I bet Lucas was over the moon with it. I hope we not going to attempt to make one on a Tuesady eve!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie that is fantastic - look forward to seeing the instructions!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete