Friday 24 June 2011

Back to business!!

Well I must say its been really hard to get my head out of the Prague clouds!! But it has been a week since we were there so I am attempting to knuckle down to normal business!! SO far this week I have had a craft session with the Brownies and a workshop with a new group of ladies and tonight and tomorrow I have my Scrapbook clubs.

On Tuesday it was Robin's birthday and I must say I was a bit lastminute.com with the cards. This is the one I made from the boys. Its one of my favourite colour combos for men, Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Soft Suede.

I used a Soft Suede card blank and then some DSP from the Subtles stack in Bashful Blue. I had the idea to create a Ross and Evan in the bunting and was really pleased how it turned out! Didn't realise though until I saw these photos that one of the "d's" is smudged!!

The sentiment is from Curly Cute and the one at the bottom is from the Level 1 Hostess set Afterthoughts! Punched out with the Decorative Label and then layered another one up around it.
Hope you like my card, must admit I really enjoyed making this one!

Jules x


Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Soft Sude, Bashful Blue
2. Papers – Bashful Blue
3. Stamps – All in the Family, Party this Way, Afterthoughts, Curly Cute
4. Embellishments – Buttons, Satin Ribbon
5. Tools – Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Decorative Label punch
6. Mediums – Soft Suede, Old Olive

4 comments:

  1. love the card Julie ! i have the bunting stamp and am loving it, although i have only used it on patterned card and but the frilly edges off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read the other posts re Prague trip ...wow Jules it looked amazine!! and so did you, gorgeous outfits which really suited you. So glad you were treated so well, its nice for mums to have a break and especially when its all paid for!! loved all the little personalised gifts, was giddy just looking at the photos! look forward to catching up on tuesday at card class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jules :-) and I look forward to seeing the one from you too!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete