Wednesday 21 January 2009

Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge

At last I have a photo of my card!!!!!!
This is a card for the Spoon Full of Sugar challenge which is to make a card for a New Baby, Mum to Be or a Pre-schooler.I went with the Pre-schooler and made this for my friends baby who will be one in a few weeks.
I got the idea for this card from one I saw on Spiltcoast stampers and changed a few bits around like the size and some of the layout.
This is the first time I have used my Wild About You set which I actually got in December!!
Its a great set for kiddies cards! I have decoupaged the lions mae which I relly like. The colour combo is Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana.

I cut out the squares on my cricut and then punched out the layers with the scallop square punch. I have used Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon with Blue gingham overt the top. Stamped the number 1 with the Schoolbook Serif numbers set and punched out and layered up with my scallop circle punch. The paper is Certainly Celery designer paper which has been retired but is still available whilst stocks last. To finish it off I have added some dots of blue stickles.

Hope you like it, I have a card ready for tomorrow for Sketch Saturday challenge!
Jules
x

11 comments:

  1. I love the colour you used it is such a bright and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,like the lion!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute - what a great card Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - I especially like what you have done with the lion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, great colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sweet card, love the different images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card - love the lion!! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie,
    I've been awarded with a Blog Award today and I needed to nominate ten other blogs that inspire me, one of which is yours.

    Please click on my name to pop over to my blog to give it a read and to pick up an award I have for you!

    Thank you for you inspiration.
    Nicci x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!! Love all the images and the layout is fabulous!! :)kathy

    ReplyDelete